The Polish Ministry of Justice has prepared another version of the draft on the liability of collective entities, which will allow companies to be punished for the actions of their employees. The amendment of polish law is based on EU regulation. However, some restrictions seems to infringe basic rights.
During this breakout session, an expert panel including Jowita Bukowinska from 321 Leader Ltd, Aneta Mioduszewska-Freundlich from Bank Pocztowy SA, Marcin Szewczak from Lubelski Węgiel Bogdanka SA, Katarzyna Kosicka-Polak from MKZ Partnerzy, and hosted by Ania Wojtus from EQS Group AG, will look at new responsibilities for companies. The panel will also look at the other side of the coin – we will consider whether (or how) new regulations may contribute to gaining a competitive advantage.
This session will focus on:
- Understanding the proposed changes
- Compliance as an early warning system for your company
- What to consider when implementing changes in the compliance system to meet proposed regulation
- Whether COVID-19 pandemic is a good moment for imposing new regulations and penalties on companies
- Practical examples and tips for companies